Tuesday, October 03, 2006

First Impression

Heard of, but have never experienced the hackneyed "love at first sight". On the other hand, I have, not very infrequently, felt "hate at first sight". An example which comes to my mind in this regard is the movie personality Will Ferrell. I have no idea why, but I really do loathe his persona.
Even in real life, there have been instances where my dislike for a person right from the first was so strong that I would have gone through many a trouble to avoid him/her. In fact,this whole business of first impressions, to my mind, defies all logic. I mean, what can a first glance at a person do that could possibly make you like or dislike him/her, without ever having come into contact before? Beats me!! some chemical locha in the brain maybe ;)

1 comment:

Itzme_Rt said...

hi.. saw ur blog on someone's page.. i totally agree.. there are so many i 'hate' at first sight.. i have tried later to put some logic behind the feeling and thereafter, i go out of my way to continue the hate! .. but ya, that is strange.. maybe one of these days, love at first sight will also hit us the same way, huh?