Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This day...that age

Times change and everything else with it. At the risk of sounding cliched, change is indeed the only constant thing, or so it finally dawned on me. Not long ago, I had this perfectly normal life. A decent job with a decent pay, cosily ensconced amid my family of loving parents and adorable brother, hang out with a cool group of friends in the rocking city of Bangalore. Looking back now, I feel there was nothing more I could have possibly wanted. But yet, how many evenings can I not recall getting back from work, frustrated, unsatisfied with the day's banality, yearning for something different. Well, but that was then...

Now, having been granted a fair share of all my heretofore shortcomings and more, I realise how much of that life I miss plus the need for more changes. I miss the everyday humdrum, the security that came with it, the warmth of the people around, I even miss the traffic!

And now, when I has turned to a We, the needs and aspirations are at a totally different level. Still being labeled as newly weds, we are invited over for lunches, dinner etc., by my husband's colleagues and friends. What I used to avoid then as boring outings, have turned out to be friendly and fun occasions now. And many a time, we end up having a gift/present in our hands at the end of it. A year ago, if somebody had handed to me a gift coupon of 100 dollars, my mind would have raced madly to list what clothes, books and fancy items i could buy with that. Not anymore. Now, I am more than happy to make use of it in our continual efforts to transform the bachelor-pad into a home.

I really wonder if this is pretty much the pattern of my life : not appreciating the present and missing the past...Not being satisfied with what I have, letting the happy moments slip by in the hope for better ones..I hope this changes too.

3 comments:

Josh said...

u are no different ka! thts pretty much the pattern for everybody's life.
lets keep swimming.. lets keep swimming..

Maddy said...

thnks for the words dear..

Arundhati said...

Hey! Loved dis one...made a good read! Appreciating the present is wot one needs to do to remain happy. Past seems perfect 'coz it's over and done wid! U would've been bored to death if that life continued forever!